Friday, January 22, 2016

So, How's it Going?

Personally, I love January. The snow is perfect, the air is crisp and the sun creates amazing beauty on the mountains around Aspen. In addition it is the hope and motivation so many people exhibit about getting in shape for the New Year. Last month we talked about making the best New Year's Resolution ever, "Staying Fit and Being Healthy." Granted we are only a few weeks into 2016, but I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing.

Stay Committed to your Health

I'm always amazed at the dedication and perseverance of the people that come to our gym. You may be envisioning the lean and toned bodies of professional athletes, but what truly humbles me is the ordinary people that continually come in and work hard to improve their health and their lives. They are everyday people, accountants, sales reps, assistants, moms and dads, which have made it a point to begin the year the right way and end it with pride and great results. It is their spirit and drive that makes me love what I do and puts smiles on the faces of all who work here.

Stay Motivated

First and foremost you need to know we all get discouraged and at times, want to give up. The hardest part about living a healthy life is having the tenacity to get up and push through on the cold days and when you just don’t feel like going to the gym. I agree it would be nice if the results were instantaneous and you could go home every night and see the difference in your body. However, I will also argue that the effects on your spirit and mind are immediate. You will feel better about yourself, you will sleep better and if you continue you’ll even find your mood is better.

Say It. Do It.

I have found that I’m like a lot of people and great motivational quotes help keep me going. Some I tape on my bathroom mirror, on the dashboard of my car or stick them on my credit card to remind me of what my goals really are. Here are a few of my favorites; maybe they can help you as well.

Sweat is just fat crying!
- Anonymous

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Winston Churchill

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Eleanor Roosevelt 

No matter how slow I go, I’m still lapping everybody on a couch.
- Anonymous

Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.
- Jim Rohn

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
- Og Mandino

Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
- Sam Levenson

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
- George S. Patton


Let’s Do This!

You are the instrument of your success. If are feeling doubt or just don’t seem to have the energy to continue or even start a fitness plan, please come in and see us. Our goal is to help everyone become healthier, happier and at home in their own body. We look forward to seeing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find, Review, Like, Follow and
Gmaps facebooklogoblack youtubeicon91
socialtwitterboxblueicon2

About the Gym | Membership | Personal Training | Aspen Massage | Articles and Press | Contact Us
© Jean-Robert's Gym, Inc. 970-920-9595

JeanRsGymbackground2012a
JeanRobertwebsitetop
Gmaps youtubeicon91 socialtwitterboxblueicon2 link1a1a link1a1 link1a link1 link