Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Why You Should Never Have a Personal Trainer Do Your Taxes

As a business owner, I’m acutely aware of the need to keep accurate records, learn my accounting software, and save every single receipt. At times, I’ve even entered transactions into QuickBooks and printed a P&L statement. I know how important it is to pay attention to the details especially when dealing with these matters.

Why I Don’t Do My Own Taxes

First, while I may be capable of figuring out the current and ever-changing tax enigma, it doesn't really make sense for me to spend my time doing the research. I have found there are highly qualified individuals who have spent much money and time getting accounting degrees, studying and passing the CPA exams, and gaining valuable experience over time. I sincerely doubt anything I could learn in the next month on Google, YouTube, or from well-meaning friends could compare with their level of expertise. It obviously makes more sense to have a seasoned professional do your taxes than a personal trainer.

Why CPA’s Don’t Train People at Jean-Robert’s Gym

The beginning of the year always starts with an influx of people with high aspirations of becoming fit, losing weight, and building muscle. Imagine the look on your face if I welcomed you in and introduced you to your new trainer, our company CPA. Sure, our accountant is a brilliant person, but not really qualified to effectively evaluate your goals and develop a personal fitness plan to help you reach them. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happens too often. We read about the latest fad on the quickest ways to lose weight, or try some new cross-fit workout off YouTube only to become frustrated that we’re not getting the results we want.

I realize this may be a silly metaphor, but your health is probably more important than trusting advice from people you don’t know or even friends. If you take a look at our Personal Trainer Page you’ll notice our trainers are certified — many of them in several disciplines. They have spent the time, effort, and money to make sure they are experts in the fitness field. In addition, we require they continually seek out and participate in ongoing education and development. We do this for one very important reason. That reason is you.

You Deserve the Best Training Possible

I take fitness very seriously even when we’re having fun. We’ve trained professional athletes and people who haven’t worked out in over 20 years. They both get the same respect, effort, and care from our personal trainers. I’ve seen too many people give up on their New Year’s resolutions, or worse get injured, because they tried something they saw on the internet. It is important to work with someone who is an expert and a certified personal trainer. (also see: Top 10 reasons to hire a personal trainer). I realize that hiring a trainer requires investing some money, but the gains will always far outweigh the potential costs. Just imagine what could, and probably would, happen if I spent my time attempting to find quicker ways to achieve my tax goals on my own. You deserve the best and our trainers develop a plan that meets your goals, not like that guy on YouTube.

Let’s Start the Conversation

We would love to talk with you about your goals and how we can help you be healthier. Let’s make this next year the best yet. You can set an appointment by calling us at 970-920-9595 or you can just stop in and talk with our trainers. Until then, eat smart, keep moving, and save those receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find, Review, Like, Follow and
Gmaps facebooklogoblack youtubeicon91
socialtwitterboxblueicon2

About the Gym | Membership | Personal Training | Aspen Massage | Articles and Press | Contact Us
© Jean-Robert's Gym, Inc. 970-920-9595

JeanRsGymbackground2012a
JeanRobertwebsitetop
Gmaps youtubeicon91 socialtwitterboxblueicon2 link1a1a link1a1 link1a link1 link